Postdoctoral Associate - Pediatrics - Tropical Medicine (90005926)
· Baylor College of Medicine
· : Texas, US
· Job Number: 7059981 (Ref #: 1341-en_US)
· Posting Date: Sep 2, 2019
· Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Department of Pediatrics, Section of Tropical Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine seeks a highly qualified and motivated Postdoctoral Associate.
A postdoctoral position is available to study the immunological factors mediating arboviral neuroinvasive disease. The postdoc will examine pathogen-host interactions using immunological assays in a Biosafety Level 3 environment. The postdoc will be expected to perform several cellular, molecular and biochemical techniques including histology, microscopy, flow cytometry, and quantitative real-time PCR.
· Assay development and characterization of immunological factors that affect neuroinvasive arboviral infections using assays such as: flow cytometry, ELISA.
· Participate in animal studies, including daily sampling for 14 days.
· Work with drafting, reviewing, and editing manuscripts and grants.
· Troubleshooting of laboratory tasks as necessary if problems arise.
· Communicate with various members of different units as necessary as the project progresses.
· Contribute to the cleanliness of the laboratory environment.
· Excellent record keeping and documentation practices.
· Excellent at preparing project updates and presenting at project meetings.
· Keep an appropriate inventory of supplies and reagents for the project and communicate ordering needs in a timely manner
· Must be willing to work in high-containment facility.
Education: Ph.D in Biology or related field
Experience: A strong background in immunology and experience with flow cytometry is required.
Strong organizational skills, work ethic, and demonstrated oral/written communication skills are desirable.